Friday, December 31, 2010

Hope for 2011

LET US HOLD TIGHTLY WITHOUT WAVERING TO THE HOPE WE AFFIRM, FOR GOD CAN BE TRUSTED TO KEEP HIS PROMISE. HEBREWS 10:22 NLT

2010 has been such a good year for me. I give all the praise to Papa God for what He has done in my life. For the first time in several years I am not slamming the door on the current year and desperately praying for a better year coming up. Sometimes a new year can trigger emotions of disappointment for the current year and fear and anxiety for the new year.

The subject of hope has been on my heart for the past several weeks. I've been reading and asking Papa what He wants to say to me about Hope. Then a few days ago, I was just thinking about the new year and I heard Papa say, "Grab hold of hope". He led me to this verse in Hebrews and I was just overwhelmed. I saw the verse in two parts really.

1."Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm"
It became very clear to me several weeks ago that He wants His children to know the hope that is within them. Nothing is hopeless for those who belong to Papa God. Nothing is hopeless because Jesus is our hope. He is always with us, therefore we always have hope. Our hope is not in looking like a supermodel, being a perfect mom or wife, making money, and certainly is not in politicians. Our hope, our only hope is in Christ Jesus. When we choose to open our heart to him, His love floods us. It saves us, heals us, and transforms us body, mind, and soul. This is the hope that we need to grab hold without wavering. The Amplified Bible uses the words "seize", "hold fast", and "retain". This hope is precious and valuable. It has the power to lift us out of the ditch, set our feet on solid ground and walk again. This hope will be a light to show us a way where there was none. Hope is being offered, we must choose to accept it, rest in it, and proclaim it over our lives.

2."for God can be trusted to keep his promise"
I've had trust issues in the past. I want to emphasize "past" because that is not who I am anymore! Whoo hoo! Through my healing I have discovered a connection to the heart of Papa God that has totally changed my life. It has taken a year for me to come to a heart belief that I can completely trust Him. Its been a slow process where I have gradually opened my heart to Him. One day I was on the way to work and it hit me. I trust Him! Not just Papa God in who He is, but I now trust the relationship. Over the past year I have spent time with Him, listening to His heart for me. I know my heart is safe with Him. Because I now have a secure connection to His heart and I trust the relationship, I know His promises over my life are good. I know I can trust them. His Word is full of promises He has spoken over my life. I now believe that they are for me and all His children because He loves us.

Every day, not just a new year, is an opportunity to grab hold of the hope which is Christ Jesus and to turn our hearts to Papa God, who can be trusted, to fulfill all the promises He has spoken over our lives. Hope is good! Hope will show us a way where there was none. Hope will show us a way to the heart of Papa God. There we will find a loving Father, a safe home, peace, joy, and many many other wonderful things to discover! He is waiting with arms wide open to receive us unto Him.

BUT FORGET ALL THAT-IT IS NOTHING COMPARED TO WHAT I AM GOING TO DO. FOR I AM ABOUT TO DO SOMETHING NEW. SEE, I HAVE ALREADY BEGUN! I WILL MAKE A PATHWAY THROUGH THE WILDERNESS. I WILL CREATE RIVERS IN THE DRY WASTELAND. ISAIAH 43:19-19

SO GOD HAS GIVEN BOTH HIS PROMISE AND HIS OATH. THESE TWO THINGS ARE UNCHANGEABLE BECAUSE IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR GOD TO LIE. THEREFORE, WE WHO HAVE FLED TO HIM FOR REFUGE CAN HAVE GREAT CONFIDENCE AS WE HOLD TO THE HOPE THAT LIES BEFORE US. THIS HOPE IS A STRONG AND TRUSTWORTHY ANCHOR FOR OUR SOULS. IT LEADS US THROUGH THE CURTAIN INTO GOD'S INNER SANCTUARY. HEBREWS 6:18-19

Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hope is definitely a theme for 2011. Danny Silk mentioned it this morning in his FB status and I've seen a couple of others mention it as well! Here's to HOPE!

My Hope is in You, I am steadfast I will not be moved!