Sunday, December 12, 2010

I was made for glory

BRING ALL WHO CLAIM ME AS THEIR GOD, FOR I HAVE MADE THEM FOR MY GLORY. IT WAS I WHO CREATED THEM.
ISAIAH 43:7

I was made for glory. You were made for glory. We were made for glory, the glory of our God! I'm not quite sure where this post will go exactly. I am not yet on the other side of this truth becoming a reality within me. As I am writing this, there is alot of emotion in the tapping of these keys. I know that even if this doesn't "feel" true to me right now, doesn't mean it isn't true. It is true because the Word of God says it is true. In the renewing of the mind I often find myself declaring His truth over my life long before it ever "feels" like truth. As my heart and mind come into agreement my feelings catch up.

Why does it always seem so hard to believe the good things that Papa God has to say about us? Why are we so willing to believe the lies that the enemy would have us believe rather than God's truth about us? Can you imagine what the world would look like if everyone could believe and rest in the truth that they were made for God's glory? Imagine the church, the body of Christ, resting in the truth and freedom of who they ARE in Him. He has already declared us His children, joint heirs with Him, His glory, and His treasured possessions. Even on our worst day He is still singing over us, clothing us in His righteousness, pursuing us in love, and drawing us closer to Him.

Before His death Jesus prayed, "I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one. I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me" John 17:21

Papa God loves us just as much as He loves His son, Jesus? That's amazing love! We aren't the stepchildren forced to work for love, provision, and inheritance.

So now Jesus and the ones he makes holy have the SAME Father. That is why Jesus is not ashamed to call them his brothers and sisters. Hebrews 2:11 (Emphasis mine)

We are His! His masterpiece! As His son Jesus, we carry His presence and His glory. We are clothed in Christ's righteousness! We are worthy of all the good things He has to give us. He doesn't give us leftovers or hand-me-downs. Everything is His and we have access, as His children, to all that is His. The more I open up my heart to Him, I see his Father's heart. A heart that is waiting to hold us in His lap, wipe away our tears, laugh with us, talk to us, and bless us with all that he has to give us. He is so unbelievably committed to the relationship.

Earlier in the chapter, Isaiah speaks of the Lord's love and faithfulness to His children:
But now, O Jacob, listen to the Lord who created you. O Israel, the one who formed you says, "Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I gave Egypt as a ransom for your freedom; I gave Ethiopia and Seba in your place. Others were given in exchange for you. I traded their lives for yours because you are precious to me. You are honored, and I love you. Isaiah 43:1-4

I encourage you to read that passage again and put your name in place of Jacob and Israel. Listen to the Holy Spirit speak to your heart about His love for you. May we all rest in the truth that we were made for glory. We were made to be the manifestation of His glory, love, and salvation. We can be secure in His love for us.

No comments: