Sunday, March 13, 2011

His presence is a present

Hello friends, I am so excited to share what is on my heart this morning. I am reading "Release the Power of Jesus" by Bill Johnson. This book is speaking to my heart on such a large level that I am only reading 4-5 pages (not chapters) at a time. Today's reading spoke to my heart so much I had to share :)

Today I read about God's desire and His design to BE AMONG His people. He wanted them to be known not for the law they kept, but the presence of the Father among them. This is seen in the old covenant when His people's sin was so great, He made a provision (through ritual sacrifice) to be able to remain among them. Then in the new covenant He went even further, He made the provision once and for all through the blood of Jesus for His presence to be IN US. This provision was not just for the Israelites, but for all mankind. No longer would His presence be a pillar of fire or cloud over us, but we would be reconciled to him completely, inheriting a relationship like that of the Father with His son, Jesus. We will be known by His presence in our lives.

I PRAY THAT THEY WILL ALL BE ONE, JUST AS YOU AND I ARE ONE-AS YOU ARE IN ME, FATHER, AND I AM IN YOU. AND MAY THEY BE IN US SO THAT THE WORLD WILL BELIEVE YOU SENT ME. I HAVE GIVEN THEM THE GLORY YOU GAVE ME, SO THEY MAY BE ONE AS WE ARE ONE. I AM IN THEM AND YOU ARE IN ME. MAY THEY EXPERIENCE SUCH PERFECT UNITY THAT THE WORLD WILL KNOW THAT YOU SENT ME AND THAT YOU LOVE THEM AS MUCH AS YOU LOVE ME.
JOHN 17:21-23 NLT

The Israelites chose not to enter into His presence, but Moses drew near where God was. (Exodus 20:18-21) Think about this, the Father has made provision for us to enter into His presence 24/7! Are we going to draw back and forfeit the present of His presence? Or are we going to press in, like Moses, and completely embrace it?

Oh, Papa, I want to be known not for ME, but for your presence that I carry with me wherever I go! I don't want to carry it just to church, home, or around certain people. I want to carry your presence with me to work, to WalMart, on vacation, and to everyone around me everywhere. Why? Your presence has changed my life and has the power to change the lives of everyone I carry it to! You are so good, and I have never felt more loved, alive, and destined for a purpose as when I am in your presence. It is a present from you! I thank and praise you for the care you took in making sure that the present of your presence was made available to me.

No comments: