Sunday, May 8, 2011

A new Mother's Day

As everyone knows today was Mother's Day. This is my 33rd Mother's Day as a daughter and my 12th Mother's Day as a mother. However, today was different for me. This year I celebrated Mother's Day from a place of healing. I have spent the past year receiving healing for years of pain from being a captive and a prisoner. Today I am free and so thankful to my savior Jesus for my healing He purchased for me on the cross. Because of this I get to experience His redemption in every facet of my life. Today I experienced it on Mother's Day.

For years my mother and I had what I considered a "good relationship". We have always gotten along fairly well. So when I started this process of healing, I was shocked to realize that it wasn't exactly as good as I thought. I'm not saying it was bad at all, but Holy Spirit shined the light on the areas that He wanted to redeem. One was our spiritual connection.

At first my mom was hesitant and didn't understand what was going on in my life. I kept sharing what God was doing in me and my family. It was a little awkward at first. It almost seem to pull us apart at first because she didn't understand what was going on. Our conversations were a little tense. Eventually she started to open her heart more and more. The Lord began to reveal to her that this healing and freedom is for her too.

She is on her own journey now to healing and freedom and I couldn't be more excited for her. Now we talk for hours about all the amazing things that Papa God is doing in our lives. This is something we've never done. To share this season with her in this way is such a blessing. When I wrote in her card today I told her how excited I was about this season of life we are in and what a blessing it is to share it with her. I paused for a moment and thought about all the cards Ive ever given her. Mostly they all were about how thankful I was for all she had done for me as a mother, etc. But today I wrote something new. Its fresh.

It occurred to me at this moment that He had redeemed this part of my relationship with my mother. Revelation 21:5 says He is making everything new! He wants to redeem everything in our lives. Everything that has been stolen or given away, He can redeem.

Well, anyway, I just wanted to share that with you. Maybe there is a relationship in your life that Papa God has shown you He wants to redeem. Maybe it is the whole relationship or just a piece. Whatever the circumstance, I pray my testimony will give you encouragement and hope.

No comments: