Thursday, August 11, 2011

Contending for the Generations (Part 1)

This is going to be one of those posts where I just share something that is on my heart. Last week Nathan and I went to Chicago for the Jesus Culture Awakening Conference in Chicago. We also took our daughter, Hannah, with us. For 3 days we got to worship and receive a word from great mothers and fathers in the faith. The goal of the Jesus culture ministry is to raise up a new generation of revivalists all over the world. Allstate arena was full of 15,000+ people. Most of them were high school and college age students who are crazy in love with Jesus. I've never seen such extravagant worship on that scale. The first day of the conference, Banning Liebscher spoke and I caught something that just won't let me go.

He said something like this (I don't think I got it exactly as he said it, but its close): There is an army rising up of mothers and fathers who are responding to the call of a Father(God) to go after Him, experience healing and breakthrough and then release breakthrough to the next generation.
Bam! I don't think I have ever heard a statement that reached in and pulled my spirit to attention like that one did. It so resonated with me, and put into words something that was in my heart but I had never voiced. I have felt God's call on my life to be a mom ever since I was a little girl. Now that call just got attached to a dart and thrown at a bullseye. One of the reason's Nathan and I sought help with healing is our kids. The thought that the pain of generational curses, unforgiveness, and ungodly beliefs would perpetuate into the lives of our children was just plain terrifying. We wanted to be free. We wanted breakthrough. We wanted healing. We wanted everything that Jesus had died to give us! And THEN we wanted to pass it on to our children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and so on.

Back to JC Awakening.....So I ask myself, "What happens when every mother and father goes after God, experiences healing and breakthrough, and then releases it to the next generation?" This is what the Lord said, "I will renew the face of the earth. One generation at a time. I will renew the 'face' of the earth with my children, who will display my glory."

When you give them your breath, life is created, and you renew the face of the earth. Psalms 104:30 NLT

When You send forth Your Spirit and give them breath, they are created, and you replenish the face of the ground. Psalms 104:30 Amplified bible

Send out your Spirit and they spring to life-the whole countryside in bloom and blossom. Psalms 104;30 The Message

WOW!!!!!Sign me up! Put me in coach!

I want to see a whole generation healed, whole, and restored! I want a generation to receive breakthrough so that the next generation can inherit a world in revival. They will be born into revival and if we teach them to steward it....it will continue....and revival will renew the face of the earth one generation at a time.

Cindy Jacobs said, "Sometimes the need is the call."

The world needs Revival. The world needs mothers and fathers to answer "yes" to the call.

I want to be a mother to generations that answered the call. That call starts now! Every day to go after God......to experience breakthrough personally.....and start releasing that to my kids, friends, family, and , yes, even strangers!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joy,
Thank you for your posts . . I just discovered them today ?!
I love what I am reading !
And I am thanking Lord for you - for who you are and for what you are doing in your life !
With regards,
- grateful stranger :)