Monday, September 24, 2012

Information to Revelation

So have you ever thought, "I know in my head what is true but I just can't seem to get it from my head to my heart."? I have been struggling with this very thing for some time now. Over the past two years I have experienced a tremendous amount of healing, freedom and breakthrough in my life spiritually. However, lately it seemed breakthrough in one area would never come. I knew the truth but could not seem to live in the reality of that truth. Just yesterday, Candice Johnson (Eric Johnson's wife) was speaking about this in relation to God's love. It's the transfer of INFORMATION TO REVELATION. We can know the truth that God loves us, but until we have a revelation if His love for us we are not walking in the reality of that truth. That's exactly where I was as it relates to God's provision.

 TRUTH: Because of the cross I have been given everything!

Philippians 4:19 AMP And my God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

 1 Corinthians 3:21-23 MSG I don't want to hear any of you bragging about yourself or anyone else. Everything is already yours as a gift—Paul, Apollos, Peter, the world, life, death, the present, the future—all of it is yours, and you are privileged to be in union with Christ, who is in union with God. If we belong to Christ, all things are ours.

In other words, there is no such thing as "lack" in the kingdom. There is only abundance. However, I have not been living in the reality of that truth. In fact, when
I have a need, I am bombarded with FEAR that my need will not be met. If there is no such thing as lack in the kingdom, how could this be possible? The battle between fear and faith creates "tension".

SIDE NOTE: Tension is good! Tension can be viewed two ways. Tension is bad and it makes me fearful or tension is good and will lead me to faith/breakthrough. Heavenly tension reveals an area in our lives where the Father is wanting to bring freedom, healing and rest. Think about a cup. In order to pick up my fabulous cup of coffee with pumpkin spice creamer, I must use tension to grip it. You see tension is necessary to grab hold of the cup. It is also necessary to grab hold of freedom, healing, and breakthrough. I've learned that tension has a way of showing us an area where breakthrough is needed. - END SIDE NOTE

 For me finances have been a constant source of tension. One that I was struggling to get breakthrough in. When money is tight, I am bombarded with fear. A fear that there is not enough and that God will not meet my need. I know that He is able but have struggled with trusting that HE WILL. He has not given me any reason to doubt him, yet the fear remained. It plagued my thoughts day and night. As I sought breakthrough I came across a great book by Stephen DeSilva called "Money and the Prosperous Soul". Great book with a lot of truth that helped to give me an even healthier perspective on the subject. I even listened to some great sermons regarding poverty spirit vs. Poor in spirit. Again, though, the head to my heart thing wasn't happening. Then it happened one day, out of the blue. REVELATION. The other night I saw a big table. The Father was at the end. He asked me to come sit beside Him. The Father loves me so much that He would ask me to sit beside Him! It made me feel loved and important. Just then Psalms 23 came to mind. It says He prepares a table before me in the presence of my enemies. He was showing me His promise of provision at all times. I get to feast from His provision AS WELL AS be in His presence. The table represented His provision in all things. Him asking me to sit beside Him showed me part of His provision IS His presence. It is His love and affirmation to me as a daughter. I don't sit at the table as a guest, but as a daughter of the King! At that point.....I knew with everything within me that He WILL meet my every need (whatever it may be). I went back later and read Psalms 23. I saw it in a whole new way.

 Psalm 23:1-6 AMP 1 THE LORD is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me] shall not LACK. He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures. He leads me beside the still and restful waters. He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him--not for my earning it, but] for His name’s sake. Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my [brimming] cup runs over. Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place.
 Yesterday, Eric Johnson challenged us to keep His promises in front of us. When we see our lives through His promises and revelation, it leads us into those promises. Now everytime I am aware of a need I have this vision in my heart and spirit of the King, my Father, inviting me to sit with Him and the table of provision He has already prepared for me. So let me encourage you to continue to seek Him and the revelation of His presence and provision in every part of your life. Ultimately, that is the essence of being poor in spirit. Those poor in spirit are aware of their need, and that Christ has made provision for all that we need.

No comments: